MISS GAY TEXAS STATE PAGEANT SYSTEM
ARTICLE I - NAME, PURPOSE
Section 1: The name of the organization shall be Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System.
Section 2: The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems’ is a 501(c) 4 Non-Profit Organization. It’s purpose is to develop and maintain a high-quality and professional pageant system and be recognized as the “Symbol of Excellence” within the community the pageant serves. The Systems also support and promote men who take the art of female impersonation to a higher level. Annually the system will donate funds back to the community when available.
ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIP
Section 1: Membership shall consist of the members of the Board of Directors (BOD), Consultants and Advisors as deemed necessary.
ARTICLE III - ANNUAL MEETING
Section 1: Annual Meeting. The date, time and place of the regular annual meeting shall be set by the BOD, (usually the Monday after the State Pageant).
Section 2: Special Meetings. Special meetings may be called by the Chairman or the Executive Board, (Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary & Treasurer.
Section 3: Notice. Notice of each meeting shall be given to each voting member, by mail, email, or text messaging not less than ten days before the meeting.
ARTICLE IV – CO-FOUNDERS
Section 1: Co-Founders shall be known as Bill Lindsey and Michael Champion.
Section 2: The Co-Founders will be members of Executive Board for life and may not be removed for any reason.
ARTICLE V - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1: Board Role, Size, Compensation. The Executive Board is responsible for overall policy and direction of the Pageant System, and to delegate responsibility for day-to-day operations to the BOD and Committee Chairs. The BOD receives no compensation other than reasonable expenses.
Section A: Officers and Duties. There shall be four officers of the Executive BOD consisting of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. Their duties are as follows:
The Chairman shall lead regularly scheduled BOD meetings. Should the chairman not be present other members of the executive board will preside in the following order: Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
The Vice-Chairman will chair committees on special subjects as designated by the board;. ensure bylaws are current, and rules and regulations are followed.
The Secretary shall be responsible for keeping records of BOD actions, including overseeing the taking of minutes at all BOD meetings, sending out meeting announcements, distributing copies of minutes and the agenda to each BOD member, and assuring that corporate records are maintained. Work with advertising to ensure promoter and public relations material are available.
The Treasurer shall make a report at each BOD meeting. Treasurer shall chair the finance committee, assist in the preparation of the budget, help develop fundraising plans, and make financial information available to BOD and the public
Section 1: The Treasurer shall: ascertain and administer the receipt, maintenance and completion of the follow Tax Authority Requirements
A. State Franchise Tax – due May 15th each year (prior year’s gross receipts)
B. IRS form 990 or 990EZ – due no more than give (5) months following completion of fiscal year. (This should be done no later than December 1st of each year).
Section B: Other Titles of the BOD. Historian, Current Titleholders; Elected Consultants, Scoring Specialist, Publication/Design, are the titles used on the BOD, other titles can be assigned as deemed necessary by the BOD.
Section 2: Meetings. The BOD shall meet at least once per quarter, at an agreed upon time and place.
Section 3: Board Elections. Election of a new board will occur as the first item of new business at the annual meeting of the corporation. Members will be elected by a majority vote of the current BOD.
Section 4: Terms. Board Members shall have no specific length of term.
Section 5: Quorum. A quorum must consist of at least 50 percent plus one of the BOD before business can be transacted or motions made or passed.
Section 6: Officers Election and Terms: Officers will be nominated and voted on after new BOD members are approved in new business at the annual meeting. Section 7: Vacancies of Officers. When a vacancy of an Officer exists, nominations and voting will be at the next regularly scheduled BOD meeting. Section 8: Resignation, Termination and Absences. Resignation from the BOD must be in writing and received by the Chairman. A BOD member may be dropped for excessive absences. A BOD member may be removed for other reasons by a three-fourths vote of the remaining directors.
ARTICLE VI - COMMITTEES
Section 1: The BOD may create committees as needed. The BOD Chairman appoints all committee chairs.
Section 2: The Executive BOD shall have all of the powers and authority in the intervals between meetings subject to the direction and control of the BOD.
Section 3: Finance Committee. The Treasurer is Chair of the Finance Committee, which includes three other BOD members. The Finance Committee is responsible for developing and reviewing fiscal procedures, a fundraising plan, and annual budget with other BOD members. The BOD must approve the budget, and all expenditures must be within the budget. Any major change in the budget must be approved by the BOD. The fiscal year shall be from October to September. Reports are required to be submitted to the BOD showing income, expenditures and pending income. The financial records of the organization are public information and shall be made available to the public after it has been verified and approved by the BOD.
ARTICLE VII- PROMOTERS / PRELIMINARY OWNERS
See Appendix A – Promoter Rules and Regulations – Page 5
ARTICLE VIII- STATE PAGEANT CONTEST and PRELIMINARIES
See Appendix B Rules and Regulations – Page 8
ARTICLE IX- CHARITY BENEFICIARY
Beneficiary will be chosen by the Co-Founders and announced at the State Pageant.
ARTICLE X - AMENDMENTS
Section 1: These Bylaws may be amended when necessary by a two-thirds majority of the BOD. Proposed amendments must be submitted to the Secretary to be sent out with regular BOD announcements.
These Bylaws were approved at a meeting of the BOD.
Promoter Rules and Regulations
1. Be serious about promoting a pageant system designed to acknowledge the art of female impersonation.
2. Be dedicated to the format set by the BOD governing The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems.
3. Have a plan to be innovative with a name, theme, secure a place to promote and hold the pageant, and adhere to the criteria set up based on the rules of the Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems.
4. Accurate and timely advertisement is essential in the success of any preliminary. The more notice to be given the better the attendance will be.
5. Make sure specifics are given as to what is required to enter. (Categories, fees, etc.)
6. Once the request is approved the pageant must be promoted as a preliminary to the Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems.
7. As the promoter and preliminary owner, it is your responsibility to state to your contestants what you plan to include in your prize package. Remember that you are eligible to take your winners and first alternates as well as other place holders approved by the BOD to the State Pageant. It is your responsibility as the owner to disclose what you are willing to pay to the winner. Example: Hotel, Food, assist with presentation etc. This should be given in writing and signed by you and the contestant. As a promoter you should ensure that pageant and contestant rules and regulations are adhered to, as outlined beginning on page 9. Original to be sent to the Board of Directors, and a copy given to the pageant winners.
8. Preliminary Fees: Total price is $275.00 which includes the cost of the preliminary and crowns and is due on or before the night of the preliminary. Any special awards given are at the promoters expense. Failure to pay all fees the night of the prelim will forfeit your winners from attending the State Pageant. . A representative from the BOD will be available to collect the fees. A receipt will be given at the time of collection of any and all funds. All funds should be payable to Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System. Acceptable forms of payment are Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit/Debit Cards. Once money is paid, refunds will not be given. Included for your $275.00 fee is; ability to send four contestants to State, two preliminary crowns, Advertising Preliminary posters and Social Media, four reserved seats for State, and paid entry for two for both nights.
9. The current reigning Miss Gay Texas State and Miss Gay Texas State At Large will be a guest and an entertainer at all preliminary events. With a fee of $100.00 per titleholder, and shared hotel accommodation for the night of the preliminary pageant as well as a maximum $50.00 travel budget based upon the distance to be traveled shall be paid by the promoter.
10. Be professional, be caring, and take an interest in your contestants needs.
11. Attend functions that promote Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System as time permits.
12. All prelim dates must be approved by the Board of Directors, and no two prelim events shall be held on the same night.
13. A Crowning headshot picture of all prelim winners will be provided to the Board of Directors within thirty days of the prelim.
14. All original scoresheets must be submitted to the Board within thirty days. Copies of scoresheets must be given to contestants within thirty days of the preliminary.
Remember that all members of the Pageant system are ambassadors and are available to assist in your success. Being successful is up to you but having a successful prelim will ensure more entries for the future. We appreciate your willingness to become a promoter and we encourage you to etch your name in the Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems. .
Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System
802 Bayou Court
Wylie, Texas 75098
As the promoter and preliminary owner, It is your responsibility to disclose what you are willing to provide to the winner. Example: Hotel, Food, assist with presentation etc. Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System accepts no responsibility for any agreements or responsibility for actions between contestants and the promoter/preliminary owner. All agreements should be in writing and acknowledged by the promoter and winner(s). The signed original shall be sent to the Board of Directors.
All preliminary pageants should be scheduled 4 weeks in advance and will occur even if you have one contestant. The pageant system will provide judges criteria that must be adhered to. Copies of all judge’s sheets should be retained for review if necessary. All pageants should be scheduled with the current reigning Miss Gay Texas State or Miss Gay Texas State at Large for guest appearance.
Each promoter/owner is expected to follow and enforce the written rules and regulations of The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems, governed by the BOD. This agreement is good for one calendar year from the signed date.
By signing this agreement you agree to the contents of the packet and contents of this agreement.
Agreement Signed:_______________________________________ Date:________________
Make 2 copies and sign
Cc: File Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System
Approval will be at the discretion of the BOD.
MISS GAY TEXAS STATE PAGEANT SYSTEM
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Any and all Preliminary Pageants are an official Preliminary to
Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System
The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems’ purpose is to develop and maintain a high-quality and professional pageant system and be recognized as the “Symbol of Excellence” within the community the pageant serves. The Systems also support and promote men who take the art of female impersonation to a higher level. Annually the system will donate funds back to the community, when available.
Contestant(s): one who competes in a preliminary for the State Pageant.
Promoter(s): one who assumes the financial responsibilities of and including contracting with the principals, renting the site (if applicable), advertisement and collecting entry fees.
Preliminary or Prelim: a contest or pageant that precedes the State Pageant
Pageant and Contestant Rules:
1. All contestants must be male and have reached the legal age of twenty-one (21).. Proof of age, such as a drivers license and/or state issued identification card, birth certificate, passport, etc., must be provided to the promoter or member of the BOD of the pageant, if requested. If for any reason the promoter or BOD finds cause to investigate the age of the contestant, reasonable measures will be taken for the investigation to ensure that the contestant meets the minimum age requirement. If no validation is found, the contestant will be disqualified.
2. The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System does not allow breast implants, hormone enhanced breasts, cosmetic or body enhancing implants below the neck.
3. The use of any illegal drugs or the dispensing of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Should any activity occur the individual will be immediately dismissed and any “state title” may be removed by action of the Executive BOD. Any two (2) Executive Board Members may take action on behalf of the board in its entirety.
4. Excessive use of alcohol to the point of perceived “public intoxication” or any inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.. The first offense will be a face to face warning. Any two (2) Executive Board Members may take action on behalf of the board in its entirety. Any further offenses will be handled on a case by case basis with reprimand executed by the BOD up to and including removal of title.
5. Any contestant caught in the act of stealing and/or causing damage to another contestant’s property will be immediately disqualified and removed from the pageant location. Anyone, including contestants, who cause a disturbance of any kind during a preliminary pageant or at the Miss Gay Texas State Pageant may be disqualified from the preliminary or State Pageant and could be banned from all future events. We expect all contestants and their affiliates to behave in a professional manner. Any two (2) Executive Board Members may take action on behalf of the board in its entirety
6. Smoking, food or drink will not be permitted in the dressing areas.
7. Anyone, including, but not limited to contestants, assistants, dancers, etc caught badgering or belittling any contestant, any judge, any member of the Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System or any affiliates may be immediately disqualified.
8. A contestant cannot run for an At Large Preliminary and then switch to State at the State Pageant. What you choose to compete for in a preliminary will be the title you will compete in at the State Pageant
9. Judging will be based on a total points-accumulated system. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the highest talent score. If there is a tie in the talent scores, the tie must be broken by an onstage question involving the top 5 contestants.
10. Contestants will be judged in the following categories: Personal Interview, Formal Evening Wear, On Stage Question & Answer and Talent.
11. Presentation and Theme will be determined each year by the current Titleholders and each contestant is encouraged to participate. If for any reason the contestant does not want to participate, additional formal evening wear may be substituted at the time of presentation.
12. Talent will be limited to eleven minutes, to include setup and tear down of any props. If a contestant exceeds the total time limit of eleven minutes, administrative penalty points will be deducted from their total score.
13. Any type of talent presentation is acceptable except those that may cause injury to contestants or others, or offensive content. (Direct any questions to current reigning titleholders.) NO PYROTECHNICS are permitted (fire, flashpots, flaming batons, etc.). The use of real or authentic-looking weapons is prohibited. Liquids of any nature are prohibited. Any containers used must be dry. Any containers that have labels related to “Alcohol” must be cleared through the facility owner prior to entrance. This relates to TABC rules. All items used in any act must be cleaned up immediately or administrative points will be deducted from the overall score.
14. Contestants are to wear their competition evening gown for the crowning ceremony and prelim crownings.
15. Each contestant will be permitted one (1) assistant in the dressing area at any given time and will be required to have a pageant issued badge. Only one assistant may be admitted at no charge all other dressers, dancers, talent performers, etc must pay the door admittance fee
16. All Winners MUST compete at Miss Gay Texas State Pageant. 1st Alternates are expected to compete in the State Pageant, unless they receive an exception from the BOD. However, any Winner who does not compete at Miss Gay Texas State Pageant may be banned from the System for one (1) year and will not be permitted to be involved in any Miss Gay Texas State Pageant functions or preliminary pageant held during the year, at the discretion of the BOD. All prizes including, but not limited to, cash, crowns, awards, etc. must be returned to the promoter.
17. As a 1st Alternate, if you choose to compete in another prelim pageant you will forfeit your 1st alternate status.
18. The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems is not responsible for any agreement between the promoter and contestant.
19. The current reigning Miss Gay Texas State and State At Large winner may not hold or seek other titles during the reigning period. The current reigning winners of the Miss Gay Texas State and State At Large pageant will be permitted to run in the Miss FFI pageant each year after step down, if they so choose to.
20. Any social media advertising the pageant must be submitted to the BOD and the Social Media Director for approval PRIOR to use. Contestants may raise funds towards their quest for State Crown, but they are encouraged to include all coverage with the social media director.
Administrative Point Deductions
25 points Smoking in the dressing room
25 points Drinking or eating in the dressing room
25 points More than one dresser in the dressing room
50 points Failure to clean up stage
25 points (per category) For lineup tardiness including Check-In (Saturday and Sunday), Presentation, Evening Wear, On-stage Question, Personal Interview and Talent all at specified times.
75 points Talent Time Violation
ALL POINT DEDUCTIONS WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE OVERALL TOTAL SCORE.
THE BOD HAS THE RIGHT TO ADMINISTER POINT DEDUCTIONS FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT.
Preliminary and State Pageant Prizes
Winner of Preliminary: (Covered by Promoter Fee)
a. Crown on the night of the pageant
b. Paid Entry to Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System
First Runner-up of Preliminary: (Covered by Promoter Fee)
a. Paid Entry to Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System
NOTE: Any other prize packages are strictly the Promoters responsibility. See #8 of Promoter Rules and Regulations.
Winner of State Pageant System (State and State At Large)
a. Monetary reward on winning
b. Monetary reward on stepping down
c. Crown the night of the pageant
d. Plaque, Trophy or Certificate of some nature
e. Other items as agreed on by the BOD
f. Paid Entry to the Miss FFI State Pageant, if so desires to attend.
g. A $100.00 fee will be paid to each State winner for each preliminary they attend. This fee will be paid by the preliminary promoter and not the MGTSPS.
First Runner-up of State Pageant System:
a. Monetary reward on winning - $125.00
b. Plaque, Trophy or Certificate of some nature.
By my signature below, I hereby agree to release and hold harmless The Miss Gay Texas State Pageant Systems (hereafter referred to as the “pageant”) and all official members of the BOD, their agents, servants and employees from any liabilities and/or responsibilities resulting from, associated with, or arising out of my participation in the pageant and/or the title of Miss Gay Texas State or State At Large, any preliminary winners or the official titleholder, including but not limited to, personal injury, or loss or damage to personal property- regardless of whether the loss or injury occurred before, after or during the pageant or any other related activity.
I also hereby release myself from rights to any video taping, audio taping, photography, recordings, still photos, or motion pictures of the pageant. I understand that I have no rights to any of the recordings that I appear on/in or the future sale, thereof. I hereby agree that my name or any photographs taken of me during the pageant may be used for publication or promotional purposes or in any advertising publicity.
By my signature below, I affirm and attest that I have read the rules and regulations, and the code of conduct governing the Miss Gay Texas State Pageant System and agree to follow those rules.
Signature – Birth Name Date
Print – Birth Name
Print – Stage Name
Miss Gay Texas State &
Miss Gay Texas State At Large
1. Attend and participate in ALL preliminaries. Should you have a conflict any exceptions must be approved by the BOD.
2. Attend and participate in ALL benefit shows. . Should you have a conflict any exceptions must be approved by the BOD.
3. Be an active member of the BOD, this includes attending meetings, and shall carry the State Bible with you at all times.
4. Assist in Advertisement sales for the state program for the next year’s pageant, and must sell a minimum of two ads.
5. Produce a minimum of 2 benefit events during your reign. You must be visible with your crown during your reign. Once in the first six months, once in the last six months at minimum.
6. Make it a point to know all of the promoters in the system and assist them as needed, by making yourself available. Keep an open line of communication with contestants and anyone that may be a potential contestant.
7. YOU are the symbol of Excellence and we will do everything to promote you, but you must help the system you represent. You must have a theme selected within 30 days into your reign and have a headshot with your crown within 45 days.
8. The newly crowned Miss Gay Texas State and Miss Gay Texas State At Large will be required to uphold these requirements.
9. All titleholders must follow the Rules and Regulations, By-Laws and Code of Conduct.
10. This is a legal binding contract.
Signature – Birth Name Date
Print – Birth Name
Print – Stage Name
State of Texas:
County of _________________
On this, the _______ day of __________, 20____, before me a notary public, the undersigned individual, personally appeared _______________________, known to me (or satisfactorily proven) to be the person whose name is subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged that he executed the same for the purposes herein contained.
In witness hereof, I hereunto set my hand and official seal.